Sunday 9 October 2016

50) RED-WHISKERED BULBUL (Pycnonotus jocosus)

At Havelock
50) Red-whiskered bulbul (Pycnonotus jocosus) #bulbul

I noticed Red-whiskered bulbul for the first time at Havelock , Andaman. Thereafter at Pachmarhi.
At Havelock












I have not noticed it in Bhopal where I reside currently. I noticed it at Bhandup Pumping Station, Mumbai too. 
At Havelock












At   Bhandup Pumping Station one can see Red Vented Bulbul, Red-whiskered bulbul as well as White-eared (yellow vented) Bulbul. 



At Pachmarhi









The red-whiskered bulbul has a brown back with a tall crest on a black crown. It has a white cheek, red ear tuft and vent.


At Pachmarhi












Its preferred habitat is lightly wooded areas, open country with bushes and shrubs, and farmland.


It feeds on fruits nectar and insects.


The Red-whiskered bulbul is at 50th place in my listing of birds that I have seen and photographed.


At Pachmarhi, the bird was drenching itself in water. I tried to do a picture movie of the same and hosted it on the Youtube under the following link :

No comments:

Post a Comment