Wednesday 14 September 2016

40) YELLOW WAGTAIL (Motacilla flava)

40) Yellow Wagtail (Motacilla flava) #wagtail #birds

I took these photographs in December 2010, with Fuji HS 10 at Nalsarovar Bird Sanctuary near Ahmedabad in Gujarat.




 




I have been trying my best to identify the bird in the photograph. 













The bird was seen in the wetland of Nalsarovar and the features that are seen in the photograph mostly matches with the features of Yellow Wagtail.











Hence I am assuming that the bird in the photograph is Yellow Wagtail.

If my identification is incorrect then please feel free to correct it.










The habitat of Yellow Wagtail are wetlands, pastureland, wet paddy stubbles etc. It is a winter visitor to the Indian subcontinent and breeds in Ladakh.









The Yellow Wagtail occupies 40th position in my listing of birds that I have seen and photographed so far.

Reference:

1) Birds of the Indian Subcontinent by Richard Grimmett, Carol Inskipp and Tim Inskipp

2) Birds of South Asia, The Ripley guide by Pamela C. Rasmussen and John C Anderton

3) The Book of Indian Birds by Salim Ali

4) A Pictorial Field Guide to Birds of India by Bikram Grewal, Sumit Sen, Sarwandeep Singh, Nikhil Devasar and Garima Bhatia

5) The Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment