Sunday 4 September 2016

37) GLOSSY IBIS (Plegadis falcinellus)



37) Glossy Ibis (Plegadis falcinellus)


When I was going through old photographs on my personal computer, I came across these photographs taken on 17th, December 2010 at Nalsarovar Bird Sanctuary in Gujarat with Fuji HS 10 camera. 

The sanctuary is situated about 60 km south-west of Ahmedabad. It covers a seasonal lake spread over an area of 115 square km. 

About thousand species of birds like flamingoes and other water birds migrate there during winter. Some indigenous species of birds can also be seen in the sanctuary. 

I had gone to Nalsarovar to watch flamingoes but it could not be seen on that day as the water level in the lake was high.

I have seen Glossy Ibis, Black Headed Ibis and Indian Black Ibis in Gujarat. 

But I have not seen them around Bhopal so far.  

Glossy Ibises prefer shallow freshwater habitat.

#Ibis #nalsarovar

No comments:

Post a Comment