Wednesday 31 August 2016

Some Butterflies at Van Vihar National Park, Bhopal

During Monsoon season, Butterflies get active. In my opinion, it is the best season to watch them. I am posting below, photographs of some Butterflies and Dragonflies that I saw in Vanvihar on 250816.

1) Stripped Tiger
















2) Northern Lime Swallowtail: This butterfly was continuously flying posing difficulty in focussing camera at it. Finally, I took this photograph when it sat on a flower.










3) Common Leopard
















4) Continental Common Pierrot
















5) White Orange Tip
















6) Grey Pansy

















7) Common Banded Awl















8a) Indian Spotless Grass-yellow















8b) Indian Spotless Grass-yellow


9) White Orange Tip
















10a) Indian Pioneer














10b) Indian Pioneer
















 11a) Danaid Eggfly
11b) Danaid Eggfly
















12a) Great Eggfly : Danaid Eggfly and Great Eggfly are similar looking butterflies.













12b) Great Eggfly














12c) Great Eggfly

















13a) Tetrathemis Platyptera Male : I saw this dragonfly in Van vihar for the first time in my life. It was always airborne posing difficulty in focussing camera at it. I could take photographs this time as it was sitting still.








13b) Tetrathemis Platyptera Male

















14) Diplacode Nebulosa female: I use to catch dragonflies by its tail in my childhood. I feel sorry for the same now.













15a) Harvester Ant (Messer Spec): I am noticing ant nest for the first time in my life.









15b) Harvester Ant (Messer Spec)










If there is any mistake in the identification of above species please feel free to correct my mistake. Thanks.













No comments:

Post a Comment